Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Return to the scene of the crime

I'm not a good blogger. I once told a friend of mine, who is a wonderful writer and consistent blogger, that I could never do it well because I would continually edit myself down to an empty page. I'm never going to be the regular poster. I know that about myself. And if there's anything my french stylist, Phillipe, has taught me it's that I must know myself! That, and I should keep volume in the crown whenever I get a cut. So I find myself with things to share. Normally, I'd use Facebook but lately it's outside my digital reach.
So I return to my poor, neglected nub of a blog.

After months away, I shoulder my way thru the door - the log-in still works but the abandoned hinges protest with a groan. Looking around I see my unpublished drafts sitting in an inch of dust. There are no cobwebs or comments, not the faintest of signs of digital life. There isn't even spam. The hermetic seal of a site ignored by the internet has kept it undisturbed, like the lost tomb of an ancient Egyptian.

There's definitely work to do. But for now, there's a place to put things which is all I really need.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that you blogged again and I got really excited. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. JUST listened to some of your singing- it blew me away. Good god woman...wish i could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not neccessary to be a good blogger.... you get the visitor that is your blogging style... submit your blog to some social sites to get traffic on it....

    Nice Work....

    Regards,
    Chirag Patel
    usb kvm switches service provider

    ReplyDelete